During this chapter of editorial training we cover various genres of editorial modelling. Our trainer and photographer is well established and known in the fashion modelling industry. She will show you how to find your best angle and adapt to diverse concepts of photo-shoots using our demonstration models.
We have specifically formulated the videos to maximize theory on how to move in front of the camera, what photographers expect from you, how to supercharge your chances of getting signed and advancing your career.
In this chapter you will learn:
- How to pose for the camera
- Some points on posing (hands, arms, body, legs, feet, hands, eyes and chin)
- How to understand your angles and know what works best for you
- How to practice
- What to look for in a photographer
- The do’s and don’ts when going to jobs
- What’s a model kit and what is in it
- Sun, spray tans and your options
- What to wear to a photo shoot
- What to look for in a portfolio (and what is a portfolio)
- Which equipment should I know?
- What types of editorial modelling are there and what are your options
- What makes a good editorial model
- Who are the creative teams and what do they do
- Physical appearance
- Modelling is a small world – learn how to behave
- What a model release form / agreement is?
- General tips and tricks from the expert+ much more!!
Working as a model for many years in America and Australia, the published fashion photographer brings a unique perspective to the course. With her invaluable experience both in front of and behind the lens, Persia trains students to harness their creative energies and model with confidence – crafting quality portfolios together with the students.
StartEditorial Basics (7:04)
StartUnderstanding poses and what works for you (5:15)
StartWhat to look for in a photographer (2:40)
StartWhat to do and what not to do when going to a modelling job (7:35)
StartWhat to wear to set (1:19)
StartWhat to look for in a good model portfolio (3:03)
StartPhotographic equipment every model needs to know (2:48)
StartIndustry height and size (4:03)
StartWhat makes a good editorial model (0:34)
StartWho are the creative team (2:02)
StartTop tips on set (3:33)
StartWhat is a model release form (1:41)